About the job
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Identify the safety engineering scope of work from the basis of design.
- Conduct HAZID & HAZOP workshops.
- Design Safety Reviews / Studies, Layout, EERA, ESSA, F&G, Dropped Object, Hazardous Area.
- Ensure technical integrity of the Safety & Risk discipline’s deliverables through the implementation of checking and design review activities.
- Document key design decisions that may have a significant safety impact.
- Squad checking of deliverables
- Updating lessons learned in the lessons learned register.
- Safety & Risk Studies:
- Preparation of Safety & Risk Philosophies.
- Design Requirements for Safety Systems.
- Active Fire Protection Design (PipeNet).
- Passive Fire Protection Design.
- Fire and Gas Design.
- Hazardous area classification.
- Escape routes and safety equipment specification.
- Formal Safety Assessments.
- Identify major Accident Hazard events and apply a formalized approach of hazard management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of hazards.
- Safety-Critical Element & Performance Standards.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the Safety & Risk discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Specialized expertise of the fundamental requirements of the Safety & Risk discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- Specialized expertise of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of safety design/engineering with wide experience in multi-discipline areas
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Extensive working knowledge in: Hazard and Risk Management, Concept Option Selection, Inherent Safety Review, Fire & Explosion Analysis, Fire Protection related studies, Formal Safety Assessments, Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards, QRA, Safety Case, Reliability Studies (including FMEA and RAM), SIL Assessments, Active Fire Protection Design, Passive Fire Protection Design.
- Experience in facilitation HAZOP and HAZID workshops
- Experience with Reliability/Availability Studies for offshore/onshore Petrochemical Industries
- Exposure to Safety Management principals, application and relevance in Risk Assessments
- Experience with completion of Safety Cases for offshore or onshore facilities
- Expert level knowledge in – Safety & Risk Engineering (Active and Passive Fire protection system design, Fire and Gas detection system design, Hazardous area classification), Safety and Risk Studies (QRA and FERA)