About the job
Our Field Service Engineers are in the first line when it comes to representing Kongsberg to our worldwide customers. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Global Customer Support (GCS) department at Doha -Qatar.
Working as a Field Service Engineer you will do installation and commissioning of Kongsberg’s K-Gauge Tank Level Gauging systems on LNG/LPG vessels and in major shipyards locally & around the world. You will do service and maintenance on installed systems on sailing ships, as well as offer in-house technical support and remote service to external and internal customers. If you have technical qualifications in electronics, instrumentation, automation or telecommunication, can identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative and reliable , and are highly motivated for worldwide support activities, you are the person we are looking for.
- Installation & commissioning of K-Gauge tank level monitoring systems
- Service & maintenance of K-Gauge systems onboard vessels all around the world
- Technical support and on-call/remote service
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one or more of the following: electronics, instrumentation, automation, or telecommunication.
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
- Fluent in English both written and orally
- Highly motivated for worldwide support activities
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others and share knowledge, experience and information
- Customer focused and positive attitude
What We Can Offer
- The opportunity to see the world and work with world-class technology products
- An inspiring, safe and dynamic working environment
- Career opportunities in a well-known international company
- Competitive conditions
Doha (Qatar), with substantial local and world wide travel.