About the job
This position is based in Doha, Qatar working for Qatar Duty Free – world’s award winning best airport.
Food Servers are Responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Food Servers are responsible for taking guest orders and serving food and beverages to guest’s tables.
- Prepare the table by laying lines, crockery, cutlery, etc. Escort guests to their tables when required, and serve food and/or beverages to guests.
- Obtain food from the kitchen, serve food and beverages and remove items such as cutlery, etc. not required for the meal.
- Remove crockery, etc. on completion of a course, receive any complaints from the guests and relay the message to the Food and Beverage Supervisor.
- Check the table during the meal, empty ashtrays, refill water as necessary and replenish any additional requirements of the guests.
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Complete closing side-work duties.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the Supervisor.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods, when required. Inform guests on daily specials, if any. Answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Stock service areas with supplies as required and requested. Correctly wipe cutleries and glassware.
- Serve food to guests in buffet service when required.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
A successful candidate should have below qualifications,
- Experience working at well-known restaurants or hotel chains.
- Provide excellent customer service at the Outlet
- Communicate with customers and team efficiently and professionally.
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the airport.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and able to work under pressure. Read and write English fluently