About the job
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Manage Instrumentation & Control design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly Instrumentation & Control meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, etc., during technical evaluation stage of bidder’s proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Consults with representatives of Process, Process Safety, Construction, Maintenance, Inspection, Operation, Reliability, etc. to ensure that designs meet the objectives.
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in terms of cost, construction, simplicity, operability and maintainability, codes and standards, HSSE, etc.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
Industry Specific Experience
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
Functional Safety Engineering certification from TUV or EXIDA is required
- Experience in Smart Plant / SPI
- Experienced in Instrument sizing calculation software including control valve sizing, Orifice sizing, voltage drop calculations,
- Instrument air consumption calculations for pneumatic instruments, power consumption and heat dissipation calculation
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behavior and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.