About the job
- Using the tools provided and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of external events, competitor rate intelligence, Rev Par penetration, arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates, Loyalty program penetration, system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
- Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc.,
- Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business. Approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals on any one night, and collaborates with the Director of Sales or Director of Catering on setting group and conference rates
- Train and support hotel teams on revenue systems functionality and enhancements.
- Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree, higher education qualification or equivalent in Hotel Revenue Management or Business Administration
- 4-5 years of similar hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in reservations management within the hospitality industry.
- Strong knowledge of reservation software and revenue management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.