About the job
About the role
Qatar Airways is pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Flight Operations team as a Senior Flight Dispatcher.
As a Senior Flight Dispatcher, you will organize and control the shift through allocation, coordination and providing technical support to the Flight Dispatchers, supporting the Duty Manager towards operational control according to safety, efficiency and economy. In this role, you will also undertake Flight Watch in the shift for all Qatar Airways flights from STD-2 till it lands at their intended destination as well as overseeing smooth crew briefing when assigned by attending to pilot queries about their flight plan availability and planning strategies.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop, review, authorize, issue and revise, as required, the Operational Flight plan for all schedule and non-schedule flights, inclusive training and test flight operations, with regards to Safety, regulatory, Customer Services and Corporate fiscal requirements.
- Analyze operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may constrain, impede or benefit operational capabilities inclusive of, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
- Perform Operational Flight Watch to determine if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes and to communicate those changes to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Provide the Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information that may impact the operation of his flight, when requested or deemed necessary.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control and the pilot-in-command regarding aircraft deviations from standards, which may limit or impact flight operational capabilities, and when required, communicate any operational limitations to the Maintenance Operations Control Centre and other agencies.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Relevant College or University qualification with minimum of 5 years Flight Dispatch job related experience performing Flight Dispatch functions.
- Completed a training course as per the syllabi provided in ICAO Doc.7192, part D-3 Flight Operations officer/Flight dispatcher; approved by a Regulatory Authority or a Regulatory Authority approved institute.
- Experience in Computerized Flight Planning system.
- Excellent understanding on ETOPS theory and regulations.
- Good standard of English communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and other office applications.
- Well develop lateral analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.