About the job
AVANI Hotels & Resorts is a well-established and reputable brand in the hospitality industry, known for creating memorable experiences in unique destinations. We are proud to introduce our 142-key AVANI+ property, situated in the picturesque beachfront location of Doha. With specialty dining options, all-day dining, an extensive spa, a gym, and a kids club, our hotel is designed to cater to long-term guests, offering comfort and a vibrant lifestyle.
WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE CHOOSE TO BEHAVE
At Avani + Hotels we always behave in the following way.
- We have pride in our work, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and colleagues.
- We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
- We work as a team with colleagues across all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions.
- We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
- We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. Everyone is important.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by leading the achievement of the hotel’s financial, strategic, and operational goals and targets.
At Avani + Hotels, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and colleagues with respect and work hard to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Avani + Hotels team members always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- To lead and manage the development of the hotel strategy.
- To set the annual budget and then deliver the Revenue and GOP targets of the property.
- To effectively lead and manage all day-to-day operational activities of the hotel, through the operational department heads.
- To effectively manage the owner relationship on behalf of the company.
- To successfully position the hotel from a Sales and Property Marketing perspective.
- To ensure that accurate forecasting and Revenue Management activities are taking place.
- To ensure that the operational and service skills of the employees of the hotel are being constantly improved.
- To support and implement all corporate programs and guidelines.
How You Can Succeed In This Role
Within Avani + Hotels, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgment to solve problems in a calm and efficient way.
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They always act with personal professionalism and integrity.
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritize their workload effectively and be organized and structured at work.
- They manage their time and pay attention to detail. They know their job and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant hotel management experience.
- 2 years experience as a GM
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and demonstrate a desire for achievement
- Exceptional guest service skills