About the job
The Assistant Merchandising Manager is responsible for supporting the merchandise manager as requested to purchase, receive, process returns, price, prepare and merchandise designated products and to ensure department staffing to meet goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor expense, sanitation, safety, and customer service to deliver a unique client experience through a 360-degree approach.
What’s In It For You
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist the Merchandising Manager in production planning, development, and execution activities
- Purchase, receive, process returns, price, prepare and merchandise designated products through approved suppliers and in compliance with established practices to achieve goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, and labor expense.
- Oversee merchandise support activities ensuring merchandise optimization in stores.
- To analyze sales and inventory data to determine consumer preferences to ensure right products are procured to optimize opportunities.
- Assist in merchandise pricing and sales promotion activities to meet business goals.
- Communicate with vendors and counterparts for factory sourcing, capacity planning, order allocation, and costing analysis.
- Adjust stock levels accurately and assist in the monthly physical inventory count.
- Monitor stock levels by category and product to identify the fast / slow moving items and work with the manager on action plan such as price changes / re-merchandising / cancellations or re-orders.
- Focus on inventory optimization.
- To reduce stock loss in store. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports any misuse or theft of stock to merchandising manager.
- Educate staffs and vendors on company’s procedures and compliance.
- Monitor everyday sales and generate weekly sales report for management.
- Assist in interviewing and recruiting candidates according to company requirements
- Supervise flow of merchandise to sales floor.
- Develop merchandising displays for sales floor.
- Recommend merchandising concepts and ideas to meet sales target.
- Assist in planning sales events, trade shows, marketing campaigns and other product promotional activities.
- Provide updates to the business with meetings, presentations, and weekly/monthly report.
- To ensure outstanding presentation and visual merchandising standards are always maintained. Ensure the shop is tidy, clean, and full at the end of the day.
- Ensure all staff are kept up to date on changes to products, offers and promotions.
- Ensure compliance with processes that remain efficient, effective, and streamlined.
- Assist in updating all retail targets and communicate with the team.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
Your Experience And Skills Include
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Worked in a fast pace, high turnover organization
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Relevant Experience in retail and in working in the Gulf Countries
- Good standard of numerical skills