About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Traffic Modeler to join our team! In this role you will get to be working in several infrastructure projects that requires transport planning and traffic engineering studies.
What You’ll Be Doing
- The relevant candidate shall be responsible for the update of Transport Models and development of conceptual road designs, performs conventional and complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Senior Traffic Modeler at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures.
- This position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to successfully complete traffic engineering assignments and problem-solve complex traffic operational issues.
- Carrying out demand forecasting and transport model analysis required to assist with the traffic impact studies.
- Preparation of traffic study reports and impact analysis reports for various road and development projects.
- Performing microsimulation modelling analysis for road intersections corridors, bus facilities and development sites.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Traffic Engineering with minimum 10 years experience in traffic operations and analysis of various traffic projects preferably in Gulf region.
- A strong understanding of transport modelling, demand forecast and multi-modal methodologies.
- Must have experience with Traffic Impact Studies, Traffic Operational Analysis.
- Must have thorough working knowledge with traffic analysis tools such as SYNCHRO, VISUM, VISSIM, HCS and other traffic engineering – modeling software.
- Must have experience in parking management, parking demand and supply, parking design within buildings, traffic circulations, and determining the number of accesses/egresses.
- Familiar with Qatar local standards such as QHDM and QTCM, and MOT-LTPD guidelines and procedures for transport studies.
- In-depth knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Prior experience working in Qatar is preferable.
- Excellent report writing skills, and preparation of presentations. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.