About the job
You as a Field service engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Doha, Qatar. You will be focusing on providing technical advice to customers including commissioning, installing, and testing of products or equipment including identifying and correcting more complex problems associated with start-up. Researching, evaluating, and recommending new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs. Developing ongoing relationships with customers to secure future business.
- Inspecting, preventive maintenance, routine maintenance and repairing services on of CB, DS, ES, VT, GIB& LCC Panel for GIS switchgears (33KV to 400kV) of different manufactures. etc.
- Operating checks services of CB, DS, ES, VT, GIB & LCC Panel for GIS switchgears (33KV to 400KV) of different manufactures.
- Performing breakdown services, such as repairs and troubleshooting of CB, DS, ES, VT, GIB & LCC Panel for GIS switchgears (33KV to 400KV) of different manufactures.
- Measuring and performing SF6 gas quality checks, carrying out SF6 leaks if required.
- Replacing or treating of SF6 Gas in GIS bay or Bus Bar.
- Supervising of commissioning of GIS switchgears (33KV to 400KV)
- Regularly participating in trainings and courses for qualification development.
- Installing of HV Test Adapter or Bushing for cable testing.
- Replacement of GIS VT & CT. High Voltage and PD Testing of GIS Apparatus.
- Replacement of motor operating drive Mechanism of CB (Hydraulic or spring), ES & DS.
- Inspecting, preventive maintenance, routine maintenance & repair services of GIS modules.
- Preparing method statements and OHS documents.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience from a similar industry is preferred.
- Experience in high voltage equipment (GIS) and GIS Operating Mechanism Spring & Hydraulic.
- Strong understanding of power transmission and distribution at all voltage levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations and make own decisions.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.