About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing Pre-Commissioning and commissioning activities for assigned Areas/Systems to ensure EPC PC&C Contractor delivery of planning and execution of systems completions. Ensures planning such as systemization, commissioning/pre-commissioning planning, database set-up and coordination with other stakeholder disciplines is developed. Provides clear guidance to the EPC Contractor and facilitates resolution of pre-comm/comm issues to meet project objectives and milestones.
- This position is responsible for ensuring all planning and execution activities associated with the pre-comm/comm of systems assigned are achieved by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc., and are executed to Project’s specifications and requirements.
- Major challenges for this role include (1) effectively guide EPC contractor, including vendors and subcontractors and pre-comm/comm team to produce timely deliverables up to start-up. (2) maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor, including vendors and subcontractors to ensure delivery and execution of pre-comm/comm workscope in accordance with project requirements and (3) maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, quality, engineering, construction) to ensure alignment of systems completions execution.
- Delivering of the scope of work for the systems assigned to achieve project expectations, in particular design and construction of very large facilities.
- Provides pre-comm/comm expertise, for planning and execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Follows up preparation and supervision of pre-comm/comm scope of work by EPC contractor, supports contractor by helping to address gaps and coordination with operations and other disciplines within CPY team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear follow up of plans and efficient execution. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Guides EPC Contractor’s pre-comm/comm activities and validating contracts, including vendors, subcontractor resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes following up SHES procedures and assuring CTR/SCTR adhere to Project SHES procedures. Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s procedures, progress measurement and reporting to drive assigned pre-commissioning/commissioning activities.
- Manages the discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of pre-comm/comm activities. Responsible for following up and assuring schedule and related milestones are achieved, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects. Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Commissioning Engineer with a broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution experience, for LNG liquefaction facilities.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, and development of pre-comm/comm procedures
- Experienced pre-commissioning/commissioning large compressors, electrical and instrument rooms, pumps, piping systems
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline teams
- Experience with Smart Completions database use and set-up desirable
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.