About the job
- Support and implement external and internal communications strategies consistent with the business strategy and senior management
- Manage and coordinate internal communications for the Middle East Cluster and AME region
- Engage the full suite of communications tools when delivering key initiatives, from social media to the intranet to videos and mobile phones
- Work closely with the business and management team to ensure all communications are executed in a planned and consistent manner
- Deliver communication activities that raise the profile of our business and management team across channels within the region
- Support monitoring of media channels and all issues that have the potential to cause reputational damage to the Bank in-country.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s communication policies
- Support internal and external communications activities for the Middle East Cluster and AME region
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, Group, and Business teams to ensure consistency, clarity and transparency of internal communications activities across the region.
- The role holder is required to implement strategies to build and protect the reputation of the Bank across communications channels.
- Build profile of business and management team within the region. Implement strategies to build and protect the reputation of the Bank both externally and internally. This is achieved via a programme of media relations, internal communications, government relations, corporate responsibility, and community relations.
- Responsible for regional consistency of internal communications
- Use market intelligence to identify emerging trends in internal communications and try to embed them where applicable
- Run on going formal and informal pulse surveys, and leverage data to measure content consumption, preferences internally and design impactful campaigns while identifying gaps and areas for growth
- Manage and co-ordinate all, intranet sites and structure/design/issuing of internal e-newsletters
- Work with Group, Regional, and Business stakeholders with responsibility for channels to ensure alignment of objectives and activities to lead effective stakeholder engagement programmes
- Interaction with senior leaders, Segment/Products Heads, Group Corporate Affairs teams and others, to identify opportunities to leverage business wins in internal channels, to anticipate and prepare for reputational issues/crises
- Delivers communication activities that raises the profile of our business and management team across internal channels within the Middle East Cluster and AME region
- Support regional and group visitor profiling through Townhalls and appropriate communication cascades
- Work closely with Group and Regional internal communications to ensure global and regional consistency of internal comms deliverables.
- Identify areas for process improvement and recommend ways to increase functional effectiveness and improve operational efficiencies
- Engage the full suite of internal communications tools when delivering key initiatives from social media, to the bridge to videos and mobile telephones
- Ensure internal and external communications are aligned
People & Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Create training and learning opportunities for stakeholders to enable them to increase their understanding and capacity
- Share best practises with leadership and relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Create opportunities for collaboration and the cross-pollination of ideas across AME
- Demonstrate shift towards anticipation of risk
- Establish processes that quickly identify reputational risks and define protocols to address them within the bank’s ORF, and provide training to relevant stakeholders to support the same
- The ability to identify issues and help put in place appropriate controls and measures to mitigate risks
- Establish and enforce standards of excellence across the different owners of the internal communications platforms and give regular feedback and support on the same
- Regular reviews of relevant stakeholder’s use of internal communications platforms to ensure appropriate use
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Media and communications policy.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support AME CABM to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
- The conduct of individuals in Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing, ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed.
- Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
- Both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
Internal – functional
- Country and Regional Head, Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing – Africa and the Middle East
- Cluster and Country Heads, Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing – AME
- Regional head AME Communications
- Business and Product Managers
- Media agencies
- Vendors and suppliers
- Network with peers in the industry and other sectors
- Event agencies
- Creative agencies
- Digital Agencies
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A degree in a related communications discipline or finance-related discipline