About the job
The role aims to be recognized as trusted advisors to the business. This role supports their finance leader to develop their finance team and enables them to Thrive. The role communicates with impact to all stakeholders, ensures a robust control and compliance environment and is aware of the EMEA finance management company value proposition, which is attractive to existing and new owners. The role partners with our business to maximize profit for our shareholders and owners and supports the finance leader to innovate and to deliver an industry-leading efficient finance organization.
What will I be doing?
The Finance Manager is accountable for the hotel in respect of understanding and driving financial performance and is responsible to perform all finance activities within the policy, regulatory and contractual framework.
The role will business partner with the General Manager and has accountability for developing excellent working relationships across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including within Hotel Finance, Commercial, IT, Procurement, Human Resources, Operations, Shared Service Centers (where applicable), Owners and Asset Managers as well as Regional Operations Finance. The Finance Manager works closely with all Business Partners to develop best-in-class hotel Finance teams, including participation in all relevant Finance development programs.
You will be and remain familiar with the management agreement for the Hotel and implement processes and procedures to ensure the Hotel is operated in compliance with the management agreement, reporting issues of non-compliance to your supervising manager.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to analyze large volumes of complex financial information from many sources and create reports, forecasts, and projections
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
- Ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to develop presentations and effectively present to all levels of company, hotels & owners
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (all levels of management and external customers)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programs when required
- University degree in Accounting or Finance