About the job
Primary purpose of job
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary project teams and peers to provide geological support for all exploration activities and studies across QatarEnergy’s International non-operated asset portfolio. Activities will include new venture opportunity screening, prospect & lead evaluation, drilling preparation & monitoring and seismic studies to both QA operators work and to provide QatarEnergy technical recommendations for venture decisions and management approval
- Additional responsibilities include JV Asset Coordination and representation of the company as technical alternate delegate in all relevant JV meetings fostering communication and knowledge exchange and providing support for improvement to the assets/regions assigned
Experience & Skills
- Oil/gas finder with 15+ years’ experience as geological explorer in international energy companies
- Proven track record of oil and gas prospect maturation and risking.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to motivate and to mentor younger staff
- Demonstrable experience in oil and natural gas exploration and development
- Understanding of the Hydrocarbon maturation lifecycle from play-lead exploration from inception to prospect generation and drill-ready well locations, and appraisal well planning and project success criteria
- Significant experience of non-operated ventures
- Personally networked and experienced in a relevant geographic portfolio
- Have ‘expert’ level accreditation from previous recent employers in at least 2-3 core geoscience discipline competencies
- Have significant asset management skills including at least 1 of the following; non-technical risk management, stakeholder segmentation, commercial and fiscal acumen, decision quality and governance compliance
- M.Sc. in a core Geoscience subject