About the job
About The Role
The Duty Free Store Manager is responsible to manage and deliver efficient and effective store management by creating a culture of excellence and developing high-performance teams to deliver strong KPI performance and world-class experience to all guests.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Work with Duty Managers to plan the effective deployment of resources in line with business needs to deliver strong sales and the best guest experience.
- Monitor customer service standards in-store and work with DMs and Supervisors to deliver “GUEST” service standards to all HIA guests.
- Communicate shop KPI targets to DMs in a timely manner and ensure all DM’s, Supervisors and the team members are aware of KPI targets. Review and discuss weekly store performance DMs and identify actions to improve performance.
- Collaborate with other departments to discuss and address department pertinent issues i.e marketing, IT, admin, merchandising, warehouse, learning and development, projects, etc.
- Monitor staff standards in terms of grooming, time and attendance, and general attitude on the shop floor.
- Monitor store standards i.e signages, cleanliness, stocks, lighting, etc. Implement daily checklist and conduct daily store walks with DMs to ensure world class store standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all operational QDF SOP’s are in compliance and review monthly security reports with Duty Managers and identify priority actions to mitigate losses.
- Manage team performance, conduct people performance management reviews in an unbiased and constructive manner, provide regular feedback and create performance development plans.
- Review shrinkage results with Retail Manager and create action plan to minimise shrinkage.
- Provide feedback on product performance/issues to respective Category Managers.
- Work with Retail Manager to address out of stock issues with respective buyers to work out interim plan to mitigate losses.
- Complete and discuss weekly store performance with Retail Manager and agree on an action plan.
- Liase with HR to address and resolve any disciplinary issues.
- Work with DMs to create a culture of excellence through mentoring, feedback, and coaching methods. Train managers and staff on excellent customer service skills through shadowing, on the job training, etc.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the store to maximise sales opportunities and work with Retail Manager to formulate plans to maximise sales opportunities.
- Assigned as Manager on shift upon business requirement to ensure smooth operations across all locations while also being responsible for carrying the Manager on shift mobile and being the lead point of contact for any issues or concerns.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience. Experience in retail, developing, managing and influencing people and the bottom line results.
- Experience in customer facing and fast paced business.
- Experience in managing 50-200 size team.