About the job
The Restaurant Reservation Agent is responsible to receive and record guests’ restaurant reservations and provide fast, efficient, courteous service at all times to guests.
What we offer you as a Restaurant Reservations Agent:
- One of the most competitive salaries in the country
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Amazing learning and development programs
- Discounted rates at The Ned Doha
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
A Restaurant Reservations Agent working with us entails the following:
- Receive and record guests’ reservations whether in person, via phone or online reservation system and assign tables according to customer’s request and automated system recommendations.
- Possess full and accurate information about all F&B outlets, promotions and special events.
- Provide callers with any required information related to all F&B outlets, promotions and special events.
- Handle all F&B inquiries coming through phone and e-mails.
- Handle bookings for all F&B outlets.
- Handle group inquiries and bookings for F&B outlets.
- Advice and recommend food & beverage choices to callers while making offers.
- Create reservations in the system and clearly indicate all notes and preferences, and proceed with table allocation if needed.
- Confirm and reconfirm bookings for all F&B outlets before outlets are open
- Responsible for control over the number of reservations taken for a day for any outlet
- Announce overbook of any outlet when necessary and stop bookings before the Outlet Manager is on duty
- Handle reservations for special events arranged by the hotel.
- Handle ticket sales for special events arranged by the hotel.
- Responsible for taking clear and accurate information about every booker and update it correspondingly in database.
- Actively assist in promoting F&B outlets and special events by providing full and detailed information
- Ensure that all customer inquiries are handled timely, efficiently and with care.
- Maintain efficient communication with Outlet Managers, F&B management and other departments in order to facilitate operation.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and tasks assigned by the department head or management.
- Previous experience as a Restaurant Reservations Agent or Reservations Agent or Telephone Operator in a luxury hotel
- Experience with the Open Table reservation system or equivalent
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are essential Possession of basic computer operating skills – MS Office/Excel is desirable
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Passionate for helping people