About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Follow and enforce the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Review, compare, analyze, and approve products and services to be purchased.
- Responsible for negotiation with suppliers on costs and commercial terms for low to medium-value goods and services.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised with correct pricing, delivery date, and payment terms to protect the company from risk.
- Responsible for tender administration generally including creating system documents, printing, and approvals circulation, checking for all required documents, grammar and spelling, and calculations so that approving managers may proceed.
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain good supplier relations and negotiate contracts.
- Research and evaluate prospective suppliers.
- Prepare budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.