About the job
Qatar Graduate Program 2023 – Audit Graduate
Do you want to change the way people think about Banking, and be at the heart of that change? Do you want to join an organisation committed to its values and purpose? Are you looking for accelerated growth that will fully empower you to shape your potential?
Our Qatar graduate programme could be just what you’re looking for.
You’ll experience an incredible and varied global learning experience, which will include talent assignments, technical and professional skills training, future skills development workshops, targeted online learning, inspiring thought leadership speaker events, being involved in real-life business problem solving and more.
We’ll provide you with the tools, training, network, and support to help you become a change agent, and drive innovation and creativity across the bank.
- New joiner onboarding– to help orientate you into the bank, your new team and your role. We want to make sure you feel supported in your first few weeks with us.
- Learn and grow – with access to tools and learning experiences to help you realise your full potential. While the experience will vary depending on the team or role you join, you’ll be exposed to all sorts of ways to start your career.
- Be part of the family– not only will you meet other graduates on our programmes, you’ll also get to meet people from across the bank, build your professional network and understand the Standard Chartered difference.
We are currently hiring for our Audit function
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent function focussed on supporting the Standard Chartered Board and Executive Management team. We do this by helping protect the Bank’s assets, reputation, and sustainability. GIA represents the Bank’s third line of defence, we also provide independent assurance on the effectiveness of the management control of business activities (the first line), and the control of processes maintained by risk frameworks and policy owners (the second line).
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Local Graduate roles, you must:
- Have graduated within the past 2 years with a bachelor’s degree or higher or will graduate before Sept 2023
- Be a Qatari National
- Be fluent in English and Arabic
- GPA of 2.8 or an equivalent grade
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good is achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long-term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, and sabbatical leave, along with market-competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values-driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.