About the job
As a successful CO+I CE Field Service Engineer, your success will be measured by:
Data Center Operations
- Ensures compliance with data center business units and service-level policies.
- Engages with appropriate teams and resources to execute tasks or projects.
- Manages programs associated with area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates conscientiousness on cost adheres to budget requirements; keeps costs reasonable and contributes to staying within budget.
- Follows and adheres to safety and security policies and procedures. Reports immediately any safety or security issues or concerns.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process as appropriate.
- Maximize Critical Environment (CE) availability in conjunction with our landlord partners at our leased Datacenters and to ensure optimal operational efficiency
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in our leased Datacenters (MOP/SOP/EOP review, RCAs, FMEAs, change governance, and risk mitigation)
- Reduce high-impact and human-error Critical Environment (CE) incidents year over year
- Deliver on cost/energy efficiency initiatives
- Support delivery of the Datacenter’s Emergency Preparedness and Response plans and act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within our leased datacenters
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verification as needed
- Ensure routine reporting to effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships and engagement with our Engineering Groups (EGs), and Landlord partners (including contributing to MBRs, QBRs)
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
Data Center Work Environment
- Shares best practices; assists others in learning role, process, procedures.
- Provides mentorship across data centers for specific expertise.
- Seeks training opportunities that meet the interest of the business as well as own career goals and objectives.
- Suggests ways for reducing risk of performing maintenance; works with others to accommodate scheduling needs.
- Suggests improvements in implementation based on depth of understanding.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by learning and adopting best practices.
- Contributes constructively during team meetings and in cross-disciplinary collaborations within the service team.
- In alignment with management priorities, holds self-accountable for the end-to-end service quality, completeness, and resulting customer experience (including but not limited to availability, safety, security, customer service).
- Supports escalation of issues to appropriate owner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND 2+ year(s) industry experience in a datacenter or other critical environment facility,
- OR 3+ years industry experience and college course work.
Background Check Requirements
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in Critical Environment infrastructures (e.g., UPS, Generator, AHU) or IT infrastructures (e.g., Servers, SANs, Networking, Capacity, DC Rack/Enclosures, structured cabling).
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical College certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- Experience working on large-scale CE projects
- Experience with the operation of IT infrastructure (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)