About the job
About Your Role
You will play a key role in managing IT solutions and platform delivery for multiple domains within QR Group. You are expected to be a trusted business technology advisor for your domain leadership and proactively help the business achieve beneficial outcomes. You will be fully accountable for all delivery of systems and solutions for the assigned business domains.
- Responsible for assigned domains’ detailed three-year business systems strategy formulation and update.
- Responsible for ensuring that you are fully aware of current best practices for all business areas assigned to you and keep yourself fully updated on all emerging technologies and industry innovation that has relevance to your assigned business area.
- Responsible for planning and managing the delivery of all budgeted projects and programs for the assigned business areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that solutions delivered are highly available, scalable, easily maintainable and use modern technology as relevant.
- Ensure that solutions delivered to the business are secure by design.
- Provide effective assurance of rapid recovery and restoration as well as application availability through the implementation of an integrated recovery management platform.
- Provide full support to the business to ensure that business continuity plans are documented, up to date and reviewed and tested periodically.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of a large, enterprise solutions footprint as applicable to the assigned business area.
- Providing functional and technical support on a 24×7 basis for resolution of customer problems, incidents, issues, requests and queries pertaining to assigned business area systems and applications.
- Responsible for managing and developing your teams and ensuring that teams are kept highly motivated and committed to delivering to the business within budget and agreed on timeframes.
You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or Engineering or equivalent qualification with minimum 12 years of IT experience at least 6 of which should be in the aviation domain. Deep aviation business and systems knowledge is a key requirement. We are looking for a mature and self-motivated professional with good communication skills, problem-solving skills and ready to work 24×7 in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Knowledge And Skills
- Deep domain competence in at least one or two areas of airlines and airports in addition to at least a broad level of understanding of the overall airline/airports business.
- Must have hands-on software development experience of at least 8 years and must be fully conversant with current software development methodologies (agile, DevOps) and best practices.
- Must have hand on technical and solution architecture experience on large projects and systems.
- You must have knowledge of private and public cloud technologies.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and team management skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and resolve conflicts with maturity