About the job
Primary purpose of job
QatarEnergy is looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer (Systems Security) who will join a team responsible for the preservation of information confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the ICT systems that support business operations in close coordination with the team lead. The new member is required to support and maintain the day-to-day security operations and system change lifecycle of critical security systems & services. The engineer shall provide senior technical support for selected security devices and services in addition to providing guidance to other team members in the relevant specialized technology. The role will be an enabler to the company’s success through the development and implementation of security practices that create a secure working environment.
Experience & Skills
- Eight or more years of demonstrated experience in IT security operations function.
- Identify security gaps and design and implement security controls in line with QatarEnergy security policies in close coordination with the team lead to ensure information security consistency and compliance.
- Design, deploy, and manage application system security controls such as application whitelisting, Advanced Threat Prevention, Antivirus, host-based firewall/IPS, encryption and device controls.
- Design, deploy, and manage cloud security functions for Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google GCP.
- Design, deploy, and manage Data classification and DLP solutions.
- Design, deploy, and manage Public Key Infrastructure and HSM solutions.
- Familiarity with current information security best practices and standards such as ISO and NIST.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in networks, systems, etc.
- Develop, review, and maintain technical documentation (High-Level Designs) for security systems.
- Develop and create processes and procedures in compliance with QatarEnergy security policies and internationally recognized security frameworks and standards such as ISO and NIST.
- Analyze requests and incidents from QatarEnergy staff and provide solution based on the QatarEnergy Cyber Information Security Framework.
- Provide information security guidance to QatarEnergy lines of business in the assessment and development of new business process and related IT processes.
- Extensive technical knowledge with the latest security solutions and threat vectors.
- Has multitasking, problem solving, and strong analytics skills.
- Has solid project management skills that will lead to serving security requirements, obtain information about solutions, and successful delivery.
- Has presentation skills that will gain acceptance of proposed solution from impacted stakeholders
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering field.
- Recognized information security certification such as CISSP, CCIE or equivalent is a plus.
- Certification in Microsoft Azure and AWS security is a plus.