About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the food FMCG sections of the store to deliver expected sales growth through high standards of display, quality and availability.
- Ensure the achievement of sales to target.
- Constantly monitor and ensure that wages are within agreed budget.
- Monitor and report on damages and shrink areas to the Branch Manager, minimizing loss and maximizing visual display.
- Conduct frequent reviews of the shop floor displays and coach the FMCG team to deliver consistently high standards that exceeds customer expectations and respond to seasonal needs.
- Ensure adherence to company processes in delivering a safe and legal shop floor, complaint to Baladiya requirements and a safe working environment for colleagues and customers.
- Ensure compliance in ordering stock from suppliers ( including promotional stock ) as per the schedule and manage the Branch Managers adherence to the process.
- Approve returns from customers as requested by the Supervisor – Customer Service.
- Monitor the receipt and storage of goods to ensure that no losses arise and that an efficient replenishment process is maintained. Ensure secure process for high value goods through transit, storage and sale.
- Review process adoption by colleagues and streamline working practices to make the shop floor replenishment more effective and minimize customer disruption.
- Liaise with the Branch Manager on people issues and agree performance management objectives for the General Merchandise team.
- Keep legal records as required to a high standard and for easy access.
- Coach and mentor all team members, especially direct reports for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of the performance cycle ( goal setting, performance evaluations etc. )
- Perform all other duties as delegated by the Branch Manager, or as per business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field preferable, mandatory retail experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a quality retail organization.
- Previous Middle East/GCC experience is preferable.
- Must provide NOC, Immediate Joiner preferred
- Attention to detail and visual merchandising acumen a must.
- Strong process skills, able to recognize why consistency is not delivered.
- Good communicator and influencer, able to liaise with more senior people.