About the job
The Senior Software Specialist analyzes, designs, evaluates, integrates and maintains Information Systems, technical environments and integration layers. Provides first and second level support to the users of the different applications and executes security, procedures and policies at the applications level. Manages support service requests and projects deliverables with third-parties vendors. Running operations within SLAs/OLAs and best practice frameworks and processes in SDLC, ITIL Services Management, and PMI, also bides by all QF rules and regulations, in particular the IT policies- procedures- and processes.
- Build, manage and maintain components and services based on the technologies and standards adopted in the department in coordination with the Business Analyst.
- Administer information systems and maintain, monitor and ensure that they are stable, well designed, effective to use, and properly maintained.
- Plan, coordinate and implements applications information systems changes, installation of upgrades, patches and new versions, through proper change control and release processes.
- Build user interface and design databases using various technologies like Microsoft and Oracle. And ensure proper documentation is maintained.
- Perform performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, workload modeling and prediction and problem identification and resolution.
- Develop and maintain required interfaces between various systems.
- Provide support to information systems implementation projects by setting up development and testing environments in coordination with the Program Management and Business Analyst by acquiring technical knowledge and expertise during training or through hand-on work experience.
- Execute testing scenarios on implemented Applications.
- Analyze software application requirements and information to determine and recommend modifications to existing systems to provide enhanced capabilities for business units.
- Prepare technical requirements and evaluates vendors technical offers.
- Identify problems and suggest solutions and escalate to vendors (e.g. Oracle Support) if needed.
- Coach junior staff and trainees.
- Organize and deliver training assistance when needed for IT staff as well as end users. Manage vendors or third-party solution providers, to ensure that support is provided as per SLA.
- Adhere to best practices and standards like ITIL and SDLC.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Five to seven years experience in any of the following information systems’ technical administration (Portal, ERP, CMS, CRM, Facilities Management System, Student Information System, and Library Management System) or any other web-based or client server information system.
- Expert in one of the following technologies: • Microsoft: SharePoint 2010 or above, Administration and development, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, MS-SQL, SSRS, XML, Web Services. • Oracle E-Business: ADF, Oracle FORMS, Oracle Reports, PLSQL, Business Intelligence.
- Good experience in ITIL Framework.
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in teams.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Fluency in English, written and oral.
- Very good Customer-facing skills.