About the job
As a Senior Structural Engineer specializing in airport projects, you will play a pivotal role in the design and development of critical infrastructure that ensures the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of airports. You will collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers and architects to deliver cutting-edge solutions for airport expansion, maintenance, and modernization projects.
- Perform comprehensive design review function to ensure quality design and best practices are implemented to the projects.
- Manage and coordinate with Engineers and Consultants to ensure all design requirements are incorporated into the tender/contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Review mock-up, method statements and shop drawings and ensured in compliance with the drawings and specifications.
- Perform design coordination and interface between various disciplines.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests and provides the Review Reports.
- Check permanent works executed by the contractors on site and provide commentary detailing any deficiencies/non-conformance and necessary corrective actions with PMCM/Design Consultants.
- Coordinate and ensure contractor’s RFI, technical and design queries are timely responded by PMCM/Design Consultants.
- Coordinate design changes and ensure that it is implemented correctly.
- Manage testing and commissioning, project close out and handover to Airport Operational Readiness (AOR) Team for airport operation.
- Attend meetings/workshops.
- Recognized degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of formal engineering training in large/complex projects.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in large international airport (>20 MAP) projects. (Experience in operational airport environment preferred).
- Minimum 5 years site experience.
- Registered as a Chartered Structural Engineer or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of structural engineering design, planning, detailing, materials, systems, trade practices and building construction is required.
- Excellent English language oral, written and presentation skills required.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Structural design software/finite analysis, Microsoft Office applications and AutoDesk, BIM and Revit are desirable.