About the job
Assists the Lead Designer and Head Design in the execution of pre-FEED, in-house FEED, and external FEED projects.
- Assists the Lead Designer and Head Design in the execution of EPIC projects during the Design phase and in field engineering.
- Participates in the review and preparation of standards and procedures with respect to draughting.
- Participates in the development of improvement objectives in the department concerned.
- Frequent long working hours may be required, which include outdoor fieldwork.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special coordination skills. Sound interpersonal relationships and effective communication within Company and Contractor Teams
- Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering discipline plus relevant courses in Computer Aided Draughting /Design.
- Knowledge of ARC GIS and 3 D model software Auto plant, PDS & PDMS, WORD and EXCEL.
- At least twelve (12) years relevant experience in Civil & Structural, Marine, Architectural and Building Services for the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical Industry and within the building engineering environment, including experience in Feasibility Study / Conceptual Design,
- FEED and EPIC Phases of Onshore and Offshore Projects.
- Experience in the detailed design associated with oil and gas projects including, but not limited to, industrial, commercial, and residential types of buildings and infrastructure projects, including highways & roads, water supply & drainage systems.
- Ability to produce in-house CAD design and drafting work without supervision.
- Capable of carrying out visual site surveys and preparing survey reports.
- Experience in the review, verification, and approval of engineering and detailed design drawings in compliance with the latest codes and industry standards.
- Must have knowledge of Industry and International standards, relevant to his discipline, including Shell DEPS.
- Working experience in multi-discipline with Engineering Design Consultancy Organizations in the Middle East.
- Good oral and written communication skills.