About the job
The Senior Financial Systems Director leads the implementation and administration of Finance-related SAP software system and links them to other systems and modules of various business functions.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing the Finance process requirements of the company and ensuring the right configuring or improvements of it in the SAP system to efficiently meet those requirements.
- Plan for Finance related system projects and business process improvements related to it including the related none finance modules linkage.
- To work with software systems project teams under the IT department and will liaise the system-related activities of Finance staff in various business units and will cooperatively direct the Finance SAP module implementations and adjustments working together with other subject matter experts assigned to support Finance software system projects.
- To administer user security and review the required DOAs and SoDs and ensure the configuration of these in the software systems are correct.
- To support financial decision-making by auditing, analyzing, interpreting, and making recommendations that enhance controls and create measurable efficiencies.
- Prepares written reports for the Group CFO of results of testing internal compliance with established internal control procedures and system efficiencies and makes recommendations as to best practices and to correct deficiencies.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Preferably MBA or equivalent post-Graduate qualification from an internationally recognized Business school,
- Generally accepted accounting procedures and generally accepted audit standards.
- Knowledge and experience with complex financial application system software projects, system maintenance, tools, and support.
- Knowledge of complex systems project management.
- Knowledge of best practices for change management.
- Knowledge of research methods, data collection and sampling techniques, and statistical analysis
- Critical thinker and the ability to make connections org-wide
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in initiating and leading entity-wide system and process changes.
- Understand, interpret, and develop workflow within a complex organization
- Research and evaluate new laws and accounting and audit requirements
- Utilize a variety of spreadsheet, analytical and other computer software for testing analysis, and preparation of reports for management as requested.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze complex information and data
- Prepare, write, and present analytical reports and systems analysis to diverse groups
- Good Mathematical acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Pubic Administration or business administration, and other related field or Information Technology
- ·Certificate in Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA)
- 15 years of Total experience required
- 10 years of Financial Information Systems Project Management and implementation experience, including demonstrated ability/experience initiating and leading entity-wide system and process changes