About the job
Support IT/Telecom functions and provide detailed IT/Telecom technical expertise to maintain Telecom environment and resolve day to day issues. Ensure preventive and corrective maintenance telecom activities are assigned to Telecom Technicians.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Investigate and supervise operational issues, problems, and support requests, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions and appropriate actions for resolution.
- Handle requests that require modifications to system parameters, workarounds, reconfiguring systems, training users, or escalating to Senior Systems Engineer.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other stakeholders are kept informed and take corrective action to avoid and minimize delays.
- Perform and oversee tasks associated with operations, administration, and maintenance tasks completion to be done in SAP.
- Provide support for documents and execution of small-scale projects (or sub-projects) by actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Identify, assess, and manage risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project and report.
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders and assists in presenting issues and solutions.
- Ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies, and procedures.
- HND in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, or Radio Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience – I
- 5 years telecom experience in oil and gas industry as telecom supervisor or telecom foreman.
- Competent knowledge in core telecom skill applications, tools, and techniques.
- Conversant with relevant IT/Telecom national and international standards.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience in IT/Telecom support environment and telecom troubleshooting activities.
Technical and Business Skills – I
- Excellent written and spoken technical English.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT/Telecom knowledge.
- Compliance to risk, security, and continuity management principles.