About the job
What You’ll Do
As a Project Engineer, you will provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include systems design, preparation of engineering documents, testing and commissioning of telecoms systems. As a team, we will work in collaboration with Project Management to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers, and we assist the Sales Group with technical consultation and estimates for bids and proposals
- Operate within a virtual project team, lead engineer for a system or systems, liaise with other engineers and technicians during the lifecycle of a project.
- Handle the detailed design, production of project documents & drawings, configuration, pre-FAT testing, and conduction of client witnessed FATs (PAGA, CCTV, ACS, Radio, LAN, WAN, SCS, IDS, etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers & third parties and assist the Project Management for a smooth and successful delivery of each Project on time and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Travel and attend client kick-off meetings, project review meetings, and vendor / supplier FATs
- Travel for site installation supervision, site commissioning and witnessing SATs, both onshore and offshore
- Support the RigNet Quality program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards.
- Ensure compliance and maintainability of an ISO certification across the SI organization performing appropriate gate checks to audit/monitor alignment to this program.
What You’ll Need
- HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical subject or extensive relevant experience
- Experience in an Operational Engineering environment required in the Telecommunication Industry
- Professional Accreditation such as Chartered Engineer, MIET or working towards these.
- Significant experience in Project work
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels and participate in teamwork
- Capable of working under pressure and the ability to multi-task effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and willing to meet customer requirements
What Will Help You On The Job
- Experience with standard MS Office applications
- Travel may be required locally and internationally
- Travel to the office in Westhill, Aberdeen as and when required
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK