About the job
Creatively ambitious Video Editing Specialist with strong technical AV editing skills keen to push the envelope and elevate our video content to the top level. Comprehensive experience in working with production crews and in producing a high-volume of AV assets, both short and long form, to tight deadlines with competing priorities without compromising quality. A professional who turns creative ideas and concepts into powerful video content that captivates audiences. Strong knowledge of AV content that works for social media (Meta platforms, Twitter, TikTok/Douyin, YouTube, Weibo). Responsible for post-production and the timely delivery of all AV assets required for global campaigns and sponsorship activations.
- Develop new creative approaches for activations, campaigns and content
- Collect, evaluate and clip raw footage from various sources (production houses, MAM – media asset management system)
- Develop and edit audio-visual assets for campaigns across various digital channels with a focus on social media based on briefs and/or scripts
- Professionally edit, splice, synchronize raw footage (mainly football players, teams, statistics, etc.), add audio FX, music and motion graphics, and turn each video into a compelling piece of content
- Liaise with the Creative Production Director and internal teams, and collaborate with fellow video editors to develop new approaches for creating more expressive video clips that engage mass audiences across Asia and globally
- Meticulously pay attention to the details in your work incl. but not limited to brand applications, copy (player/team names, scores, country flags, etc.), timing of transitions etc.
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner with a quality product
- Previously or currently working in a similar AV editor role in a sports team, a league, a broadcaster, a non-traditional media company or a leading sports marketing agency.
- Possesses a highly creative mindset and excellent video editing and post-production skills.
- Expert skills in video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut X).
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom.
- Advanced skills in creating motion graphics.
- Ideally experience in working with sports content (i.e., match action footage, reels, highlights, sponsorship activations, broadcaster promotions etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience. Strong portfolio.
- Native Arabic speaker with a strong command of spoken and written English.
- Experience working on complex projects and as part of a team.
- Possess the right to work In Qatar without visa sponsorship.
- Role is on a contract basis from November 2023 – end-Feb 2024 at which point there will be an overall review of the position post-AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2023.