About the job
You will provide piping engineering services to Worley, and its Customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the piping team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Knows the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team in meeting expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Supports management of project change and progress for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, squad checking, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Provide technical support within the discipline team, liaise with the project team, and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Coordinate review and approval of design and interfaces on client requirements and specifications.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
- Perform discipline-specific engineering services such as:
- Identify and report changes to project scope;
- Contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
What you will bring
Industry Specific Experience:
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR Advantageous skills:
- CAESAR II
- 2D Software: AutoCAD, Micro-Station
- 3D Software: PDS, S3D / PDMS, E3D
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.