About the job
A Teacher’s Assistant is a person with strong hands-on experience in assisting with implementing lesson plans and preparing activities and materials to support the teacher in delivering successful and engaging educational content. She shares the responsibility for classroom management, safety and well-being of the children, cleanliness and organization of the classroom and any other task shared between the teacher and the teacher’s assistant, according to the management’s inputs.
- Collaborate with the class teacher to plan and manage activities implementation for the assigned age group and the classroom.
- Prepare the educational tools and materials requirements lists according to the activities plan and existing materials and tools. Ensure all items are readily available before the beginning of the working week or at least two days before the planned activities for materials with short shelf life (playdough, natural materials like grains, finger paint, glue).
- Collaborate with the class teacher and the rest of the nursery team in rolling out activities, and setting up classrooms and nursery settings according to the theme or area of focus.
- Oversee the children and ensure their physical needs are met:
- Hands washed properly with soap and water before and after meal times, after toilet and diaper changes, and after coming from the outdoor play times.
- Face and nose clean.
- Diapers are frequently changed following the diaper-changing procedure.
- Potty-trained children are taken to the toilet regularly.
- Help with feeding times.
- Ensure their water bottles are filled and offered regularly.
- Act as a replacement for any missing teacher for any age group in any nursery when necessary.
- Do activities with children within her area of expertise and additional skills (language, music, arts, etc.) in agreement with the class teacher.
- Minimum two years of work experience as a nursery teacher assistant or a similar position.
- Competencies and qualifications
- Qualification, education and certification:
- Minimum BSc/BA in primary education or similar.
- Mandatory good and clear professional knowledge level in the English language.
- Additional certification in EYFS, Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Waldorf or any other educational model or any other certificate in special needs, child psychology and similar is a plus.
- Additional knowledge in arts & crafts is a great advantage.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills in English.
- Integrity, professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Creative problem solving.
- Caring personality and passion towards children’s wellbeing.
- Demonstrable experience in managing classrooms and children of different age groups.
- Creative design and activity planning that supports children’s development in alignment with EYFS.
- Professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Working knowledge of Qatar laws and regulations in the early years of education.
- Proven working experience in early years education, particularly in nurseries and preschools within Qatar.
- Demonstrated ability in any of the arts & crafts skills (musical instruments playing, painting, drawing, clay modeling, sewing, crocheting and similar).