About the job
A production worker is responsible for operating and maintaining equipment in a factory or warehouse and preparing items for distribution.
A production worker cleans and operates factory equipment, works on an assembly line, puts together and inspects products, and adheres to all factory safety guidelines and standards.
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Production Laborer”
- Carries or hand trucks supplies to workstations.
- Records information, such as number of products tested, meter readings, and date and time product placed in oven.
- Examines product to verify conformance to company standards.
- Mixes ingredients, according to formula.
- Feeds item into processing machine.
- Inserts parts into partial assembly, during various stages of assembly to complete product.
Counts finished product to determine completion of production order.
- Washes machines, equipment, vehicles and products, such as prints, rugs, and table linens.
- Folds parts of product and final product during processing.
- Separates product according to weight, grade, size, and composition of material used to produced product.
- Cuts or breaks flashing from materials or products.
- Places product in equipment or on worksurface for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Positions spout or chute of storage bin to fill containers, during processing.
- Breaks up defective products for reprocessing.
- Attaches slings, ropes, cables, or identification tags to objects, such as pipes, hoses, and bundles.
- Weighs raw materials for distribution.
- Ties product in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedure.
- Lifts raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using hoist.
- Loads and unloads items from machines, conveyors, and conveyance.