About the job
About Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport enjoys a dominant position in the aviation industry. It has been voted the best airport in the world by Skytrax in 2021 and 2022 and ranked the second-best airport in the world by Skytrax in 2023. Our passenger volumes are on a steady and fast-growing path thanks to an unprecedented facility expansion that enhanced operational capacity and will drive business growth in the next years.
About The Role
We believe that our success depends on exceptional people and we are on the lookout for a visionary and dynamic leader to join us on our journey as our Head of Talent Development and Acquisition. As part of our HR Leadership Team, this role plays a key part in shaping and delivering our Talent Strategy to ensure we attract, retain and develop our people now and aligned to future business aspirations. If you are passionate about making a difference, building exceptional teams and nurturing individual growth to further develop our people’s capabilities in line with our ambitious business strategy, whilst strategically driving our talent development and acquisition agenda, this is the role for you.
- Support the realization of MATAR ambitions through designing and implementing talent development and acquisition strategies to ensure continuous availability of the required capabilities and competencies to support the successful delivery of business objectives.
- Design organizational-wide Talent Development framework for succession planning, ensuring that our identified talent pool is equipped with the relevant competencies now and for the future aligned to role and business requirements.
- Support the realization of our National Development strategy in cooperation with Qatar Airways Group.
- Formulate talent acquisition strategy including employer branding and strategic partnerships to maintain and further enhance the reputation of MATAR as one of the most attractive employers in the Region and in the aviation industry.
- Oversee design and implementation of interventions (people, process, technology) to ensure continuous improvement in support of the Talent Acquisition Roadmap.
- Ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Analyze the expectations of MATAR employees in order to facilitate the formulation of MATAR wide strategies and initiatives and support the development and implementation of company-wide strategies that drive increased engagement and well-being of our people.
- Utilize metrics and analytics to measure and improve the effectiveness of talent initiatives and acquisition efforts.
- Present actionable insights to senior leadership, contributing to informed decision-making.
- Manage and monitor the formulation of budget and strategic plans for the Talent Development and Acquisition department.
- Influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization to adopt new processes, tools and behaviors required for the successful implementation of our MATAR Talent Management framework.
- Provide “thought leadership” coaching, mentoring and guidance to key stakeholders on all areas of Talent Acquisition to ensure output metrics are met.
- Bachelor of Human Resources / Business Management or Psychology.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in senior positions within a leading regional/multinational organization.
- Track record in the successful implementation of talent-related strategic initiatives.
- Successfully tailored, developed, implemented and monitored talent management, career management, and succession planning framework.
- Proven success at developing, mentoring, and managing high-performing teams.
- Strong analytic skills, fluent in the development and use of metrics.
Why Join Us
- Lead the charge in shaping our talent landscape and driving our organization’s growth.
- Influence change and make an impact on our organization’s success.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of professionals who share your passion for excellence.
- Enjoy a flexible and innovative work environment that fosters creativity and growth.