About the job
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Regional Office – West in Doha as Sales Manager – Africa.
About The Role
Effectively lead ‘best in class’ and highly engaged B2B sales teams within multiple online territories to exceed commercial targets from a portfolio of existing accounts and new business. Develop and rationalize the allocation of resources, skills and activities in the multiple territories to drive profitable revenue / reduce cost of sale from priority sales channels.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the sales team in the assigned territories by defining the optimal way to increase sales through commercial actions and partnerships
- Structure and implement sales plans to optimize QR’s revenue and presence in the market for key /strategic /national accounts, in close collaboration with head office and regional stakeholders.
- Improve focus and alignment of key distribution channels in the assigned territories with QR distribution strategy.
- Formulate and implement B2B strategies with the sales team to maximize revenue from existing accounts and drive revenue streams from new business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in head Office and region to develop short/medium term local sales incentives strategy for the assigned territories.
- Recommend the B2B sales strategy for assigned territories. Accountable for negotiating B2B agreements within assigned territories (including PLBs, JMFs, commissions, corporate contracts).
- Responsible for delivering target KPIs for the sales team in the assigned territories.
- Manage allocated expenditure budgets of assigned territories to ensure maximum return of investment for every expense.
- Provide input to Digital & Marketing team to maximize QR exposure and brand presence in assigned territories.
- Maintain high level relationship with key industry bodies, diplomatic missions, governments, airports within assigned territories.
- Review management information / network data with team to drive revenue and seek out tactical revenue opportunities.
- Act as primary legal representative in assigned territories.
- Act as the customer champion in the assigned territories, through sales activity and influence customer service to deliver best customer service experience in the station. Maximize sales through value added [Hotel/Car Hires] partners.
Qualifications – External
- Relevant College or University qualification
- 8 Years of job related experience.
- Extensive Commercial experience within travel industry
- Experience in selling of airline, hotel, cruise or car products, together with good knowledge of the geographic areas within the scope of coverage
- Budgetary and planning experience.
- Strong sales ability and commercial acumen
- PC literate with knowledge of Word/PowerPoint/Excel.
- A proven ability to negotiate and work within a multi-national and multi-cultural environment with good leadership skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capability of working around problems. Good creative and lateral thinking skills. A strong team player, capable of seeing and understanding the bigger picture and actively contributing to that result
- Self-motivated, highly organized, pro-active, and flexible
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members