About the job
The position is responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to design, develop, improvise, and facilitate simulation-based educational activities and training sessions in the simulation lab.
- Liaises with the faculty, staff, and students to facilitate the delivery of training sessions for formative and summative purposes utilizing advanced audio-visual systems, CAE Learning Space, and other related systems of the simulation lab.
- Collaborates with the faculty, staff, and students to facilitate open skills practice time or additional practice required to enhance student performance and success.
- Demonstrates the operation of simulation equipment to users, providing expert guidance and support for enhancing the simulation experience.
- Prepares learning activities within Educational Learning Management System.
- Supports recruitment, training and evaluation of Simulated Patient Role Portrayal and Feedback.
- Supports development of policies, procedures, and guidelines for the simulation lab in line with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Recommends replacements or new purchases of equipment or materials for the operation of the simulation lab.
- Coordinates with the manufacturers and the IT team to ensure simulation equipment functionality, repair, and maintenance; troubleshooting and resolving system problems as required.
- Collaborates with the team to conduct needs assessment and designs simulation-based training sessions around different clinical scenarios using techniques and technologies such as hi-and low fidelity mannequins, task trainers, standardized patients, etc.
- Contributes to the development of educational standards, methodologies, and assessment tools to evaluate the efficacy of simulation activities and conducts quality assurance activities, proactively making improvements to update and enhance the sessions.
- Participates in educational and research activities and the production of scholarly work.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment and consumables with accurate record keeping for all purchases, repairs, and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or allied health with 5 – 6 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in developing simulation programs in a healthcare setup is preferred.
- Previous clinical experience is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Operational knowledge of audio/visual equipment, simulation technologies, and applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, and anatomy.
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and fix technical equipment.
- Customer-focused with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Diligent with an ability to multitask in demanding timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Excels at being a part of a team and actively engages in creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.