About the job
The job of Head Hostess is executed satisfactorily when:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered to within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members.
- A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Responsible for Outlet Manager
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotel’s dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling of all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, and equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensure follow-up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relations with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental training and hotel-initiated training scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Maintain and update the restaurant’s guest history.
- Maintain a legible and up-to-date reservation book.
- Maintain and coordinate the printing of the respective restaurant menus.
- Maintain excellent communication to all related departments i.e
- Guest Services and Concierge departments
- Restaurant Reservations
- All other F&B outlets, In Room dining and Banquet Service