About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Planning Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will get to perform various assignments requiring conventional planning expertise, but typically include complexities such as conflicting planning requirements and/or difficult coordination requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provides direct support to Project Manager / Planning Manager in staff development, quality control, and project control.
- Plans, directs, and supervises urban/environmental/landscape planning of a large project in scope and complexity.
- Engages services and manages outside consultants when warranted.
- Reviews and evaluates project planning and recommends changes to overall project plan as appropriate.
- Preparation of complete reporting to the client; daily, weekly and monthly.
- Review all the submitted reports by the Contractors.
- Support in all changes to the scope and variation work requested by the Client or the Contractor.
- Support planning function during various stages of construction (tender, Design, Construction, T&C, Handover) for multiple projects.
- Working in multi-project environment.
- Review Primavera programs, prepare detailed reports explaining the findings within stipulated timeframe.
- Review requests for Extension of Time submissions within stipulated timeframe.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Develops and maintains less complex critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing information from more complex detailed programme and site conditions.
- Monitor and report site progress.
- Prepare and manage ‘Progress Measurement System’ in MS Excel to measure project progress.
- Prepare letters, reports & presentations in coordination with the management.
- Attend, and manage meetings, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
- Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Reports schedule status to all levels of project and Company management as well as to the Client.
- Implements and maintains an Earned Value Management System on the project.
- Analyzes cost and schedule performance indicators (CPI and SPI).
- Prepares and maintains project forecasts and status updates.
- Provides assessment with corrective action recommendations to management.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and typically 12+ years of related work experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities
- Qatar MMUP / UPDA approval
- Experience in the design and construction of large infrastructure projects including landscape work.
- Exposure to and knowledge about Extension of Time claims/reviews
- Proficiency in scheduling software including Primavera P6.2, Claim Digger, schedule Analyser and other presentation software like MS Office, Visio, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Knowledge of current technology and its effective use on the project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.