About the job
We are looking for technically sound experienced Application and Project personnel in Power Generation.
Education: University Engineering Degree
Computer Skills: SAP, Engineering solution in PG design & configuration of system with Auxiliaries, project management. Equipment Knowledge: MTURRS, Kohler, Caterpillar or Cummins Engine
- Defining project scope by study of Project SLD, Specifications and Architectural /Electrical drawings.
- Generator set sizing calculation for custom projects by software as well as manual calculations.
- Responsible for engineering solutions on projects with Generator sets and Switchgears, Development of power system SLDs, Sequence of operation, and Engineering Drawings- By interpreting project documents (Specification, SLD, Design basis, BOQ, Layout drawings).
- Development of Genset & Auxiliaries room design as per industry standards and NFPA101, NFPA110, NFPA70 (NEC), NFPA72, local codes viz. QCS, QCDD and Kahramaa.
- Engineering guidance to MEP contractors and Project team at design stage by providing information on PowerGen Guidelines and theory calculations.
- Preparation of Technical Submittal for approval of DG sets and sub-suppliers’ products (ACBs, Enclosures, Fuel tanks, Batteries, Installation materials) through complied Submission.
- Responsible for approval of MTU products from Consultants/Clients within defined time frame, followed by handover of approved project to Project team.
- Development of local suppliers for auxiliary items, Techno-Commercial Negotiation with genset accessories suppliers to get the best proposals.
- Technical coordination with Sales, Customer, Consultant and MTU factory.
- Initiate Project Kickoff meetings as well as Design review meetings with client’s engineers/Consultant’s engineers.
- Training Sessions for Consulting and design engineers to increase awareness of international codes and MTU’s latest products updates viz strengthen the position of MTU in regional PowerGen market.
- Regular visits to Consultants to keep MTU sales team efficient with upcoming projects, as well as to get fast approvals for ongoing projects.
- Designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline for various Power Generation Projects including factory coordination during manufacturing, customer delivery, Mechanical & electrical installation & commissioning.
- Ensuring that the projects meet Private/Government Project requirements keeping environmental, health, security and MTU standards.
- Procurement and contract management, including preparation of standards procedures, processes, flowcharts, project brief, specifications, B.O.Q and Project documents.
- Engage in information exchange with suppliers/vendors/Internal & External Stakeholders to offer a clear understanding of expected requirements.
- Plans, monitors, and communicates the project status to Power Gen team, manage budgets and cash flow through various stages of the project, and ensuring cost-effectiveness, compare costs for required services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Manages project risk identification and analysis using quality tools to identify areas of risk, mitigation measures or alternatives and applies motivational techniques to broad-based organization change issues.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues and concerns.
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Ensure the projects meets all the health and safety requirements comply with standards, legislation, and regulations.