About the job
- Ensure the location security staffs submit feedback/ data pertaining to security operations e.g. incidents, occurrences, alarms, equipment failures, staff deployment/ movements, etc.
- Responsible for the operation of all Security Control Room functions to agreed levels such as: CCTV, Access Control System, ANPR, People Tracking, Traffic Management Systems, Body worn cameras, communication equipment, etc.
- Perform as a communication hub for the purpose of receiving and dissemination of locations operational or routine security related information.
- As and when required, interface with end user and local government agencies such as: Police, Civil Defense and Armed Forces for emergency response and during instances of heightened security threat.
- Direct and guide the Security Control Room staff in the performance of routine and non-routine duties such as – actions to be performed during emergency situations and exercises & drills.
- Submit training needs, to ensure all control room staff are current and competent as regards their roles & functions.
- Develop, implement and maintain Security Control Room procedures, emergency response plans, logs, forms and reference material. Ensure confidential data is adequately secured and filed.
- Update and inform the locations security management as regards non-routine occurrences, or serious incidents.
- Ensure that minimum manning levels are maintained through effective manpower planning and that safe working practices are followed.
- A security-related Advanced Diploma issued by an accredited Postsecondary Institution, as part of an accredited program.
- Additional Certification in Security Operations Centre Management, or similar.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in an operational security environment, with at least 5 years at a supervisory level (operations).
- Proven ability to organize, motivate and supervise a multicultural team.
- Computer literate with MS programs and SAP user.
- Working knowledge of modern control room systems (CCTV, Intrusion Detection, GIS, and Radio Communications etc).