About the job
This role is responsible for effective management, operation and maintenance of all Fixed and Mobile Core and IP Networks platforms.
• Directs the development and management of Core network design and rollout (for Wireless voice and Fixed voice).
• Leads the Core network optimization and performance of the core networks/technologies.
• Directs all core platforms O&M activities from planning to execution and monitoring of wireless networks including equipment management and upgrade, fault handling, preventive maintenance such as indoor coverage enhancement, and provides Level 3 customer support.
• Ensures short-term (12 months) core network capacity forecasting.
• Ensures that adequate network resilience policies and guidelines are applied to all networks/platforms.
• Works with other teams within Technology to convert core platforms into apps built on white-label IT infrastructure, decoupled from proprietary hardware.
• Assists the Demand and technical Projects, wherever required, in prioritizing and in the technical feasibility of projects/products/ change requests w.r.t. core networks.
• Oversees the definition of requirements for vendor and partner selections and leads technical discussions in vendor /partnership negotiations; leads the collaboration with Procurement throughout the sourcing process; leads vendor/partner management on an ongoing basis.
• Supports Demand & Technical Projects, in ensuring that all Core network projects/ initiatives are managed effectively within time and budget.
• Ensures that all network health reports or observations generated by NOC are acted upon and cleared as per the SLAs.
• Analyzes current processes and propose enhancements for further improvement.
• Leads the correction of any system or network failures related to Fixed or Mobile Core Network, and act as the contact point for major and complex problems.
• Supports Technology Strategy in identifying upgrade of Core networks, and retirement of legacy networks/equipment.
• Supports the Technology Architecture team in definition and regular update of E2E Network architecture.
• Supports the formulation of annual operational plans and budgets for the Network software team.
• Operation and Maintenance of all IP Network
• Manage implementation of Changes in Core and IP Network Platforms
• Supervise and Manage a large team of Technical experts
Minimum Experience, Essential Knowledge & Skills:
• 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Achievement of network capacity and coverage as per Technology BU business plan
• Core network spend per subscriber
• Network availability/congestion/ utilization
• Number of Core Network faults per subscriber
• Time for resolution of Level 3 customer support issues
• Achievement and timely Reporting of KPIs
• All NW elements impacting National NW and bugs are identified/listed/communicated to CTIO
• Change success rate
• Number of customer impacting outages
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software or Telecom Engineering or Similar.