About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be fully conversant with all hotel facilities and services.
- To process check-in and check-out according to the hotel policies and procedures.
- Complete the guest’s registration form and ensure all details are accurately captured.
- Courteously and promptly handle all reservation inquiries by phone, email, etc.
- Act on flags and special requests.
- Membership Enrolment to offered at any point of contact for non-member Guest.
- Ensure all guest complaints are dealt with immediately, then followed up according to the procedures and all complaints registered in the logbook.
- Supervise the lobby area to ensure they are tidy at all times, including in-house music. Report and follow up on any defects and technical faults in the public areas.
- Ensure that Maximum Courtesy calls given to arrivals and in House to ensure of Guests Satisfaction and record it in PMS.
- Maintain detailed awareness or information regarding arrivals, their accommodation requirements, special needs and expected departures of the day.
- Follow up VIP reservations and issue VIP amenities and any other special service requests in accordance with hotel practices.
- Prepare all records connected with pre-registration for VIP, extended stays and repeat guests.
- Makes morning/evening rounds in the hotel to know of any positive or negative feedback from the guests and reports them to management.
- Actual selling of hotel facilities and special events.
- Answer queries on house facilities and places of tourist interest.
- Assure accountability for cash float issued.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to guest’s personal information.
- Provide assistance to guests on all matters relating to their stay.
- Act on any complaint received.
- High School or Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Tourism or any Formal hospitality qualifications, desirable
- Previous hotel front desk experience
- Competent Word, Excel, PowerPoint and hotel PMS
- Competent Oral and Written English Communication Skills
- Strong organisational and work co-ordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
- Self-motivated and able to manage with strong initiative
- Professionally groomed
- Able to work under pressure and on shift schedule
- Adaptable to change