About the job
About the role
As a Cyber Security Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the protection and integrity of our systems, networks, and data by leveraging your expertise in security products and solutions, especially those in Microsoft Defender technologies. You will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining robust security products and solutions, analyzing potential threats and implementing solutions accordingly.
- Design, implement, and manage security solutions especially Microsoft Defender technologies.
- Support the SOC team with any technical expertise with the Azure Sentinel platform.
- Conduct regular assessments and testing to identify and remediate potential security risks resulting from configuration issues and/or product deficiencies.
- Monitor and analyze system events and alerts generated by Microsoft Defender
- Investigate security incidents, perform root cause analysis, and recommend appropriate remediation actions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional IT teams, to integrate security controls and ensure a secure infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with the latest cyber security trends, emerging threats, and industry best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Participate in incident response activities and assist with recovery efforts in the event of a breach or cyber-attack.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CEH) are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in cyber security tools and products, with a focus on Microsoft Defender.
- Expertise with other Cloud / SAAS cyber security solutions such as GCP, AWS and/or Microsoft Azure Sentinel technologies will be a definite plus
- Proficiency in configuring, deploying, and managing Microsoft Defender platforms.
- Strong knowledge of network security principles, protocols, and technologies.
- Experience with security incident response and handling, including forensic analysis and malware analysis using MS Defender.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate security risks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continuous learning mindset and a passion for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments in cyber security.
This role requires in-depth technical expertise in using the following technologies:
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
- Microsoft Defender Vulnerability Management
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Microsoft Defender for Servers
- Microsoft Defender for Storage
- Microsoft Defender for SQL
- Microsoft Defender for Containers
- Microsoft Defender for App Service
- Microsoft Defender for Key Vault
- Microsoft Defender for Resource Manager
- Microsoft Defender for IoT
- Kusto Query Language (KQL), to perform detection, analysis, and reporting.
- Microsoft Azure Sentinel (Nice to have)