About the job
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, ensures the team to meets the expectations, and liaises with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Encourages innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Collaborates with project team in review of project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedule
- Leads weekly process discipline meetings, reviews progress reports and required checking procedures.
- Initiate, manage and supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Organise and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of process discipline engineers and designers, within the parameters of a project schedule.
- Understands and applies the Project Execution Plan (PEP) requirements – make-up and application (including the Engineering Plan)
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting systems
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
QualificationsIndustry Specific Experience:
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the process discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
- Aspen suite, Hysys, Pipesys, FlareNet