About the job
As a Stores Assistant II, you will be responsible to assist in goods receiving, arranging and thawing, as well as issuance of materials from Stores to ensure a smooth flow of the process. You will be helping in preparing for physical stock count and supports in daily checking of expiry dates of stored items in order to prevent wastage. Operates a range of special equipment, such as Electric Pallet Stacker (EPS), Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) truck, pallet inverter, pallet wrapper, etc. Working closely with and providing assistance and simple guidelines to Stores Assistant l.
- Assist and provide guidance to Stores Assistant I in daily operational duties.
- Assist Storekeepers in checking quantity and quality of products, to ensure full adherence to temperature requirements and product specifications.
- Operate a range of special equipment, such as Electric Pallet Stackers (EPS), Very Narrow Aisle Trucks (VNA), pallet inverter and pallet shrink-wrap machine, etc.
- Move consignments and empty pallets using specific equipment; stacks up pallets in designated areas. Receive materials from suppliers and helps in offloading of goods following Food Safety, Operational Safety and Security requirements.
- Store materials and arranges as per FEFO (First Expired, First Out) principle in multi-tier storage locations. Help in issuance of materials by picking items as per the approved requisition, de-boxing and charging onto the conveyor belt for distribution.
- Facilitate thawing of items by de-boxing and arranging inside the thawing chiller.
- Food stores experience in the Hospitality environment
- Experience in in-flight catering
- Experience in using special equipment (EPS-Electric Pallet Stackers, VNA-Very Narrow Aisle Trucks, forklifts, etc.)
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Spoken and written communication skills, in English