About the job
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for the growth and expansion of direct sales and profit margins within assigned accounts and/or territory/regions on products or services. Establishes professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
This position is part of the Commercials Direct Sales Team and will be located in Qatar as we envision a future where our innovation connects, empowers and emboldens humanity to be its best.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:Deliverables:
- Prepare projections in line with the requirements of the business plan
- Develop/implement a marketing and sales plan to achieve projections and forecasts
- Achieve assigned quarterly sales and profit objectives
- Distributor and agent management and development
- Work with salespeople and distributors to develop and implement individual sales action plans
- Identify key customers/market opportunities for business growth
- Establish/maintain key customer relationships (identifying, progressing and closing sales opportunities)
- Assist with the preparation of quotations or supply agreements
- Provide input for the development of new products, applications, acquisitions and alliances
- Adopt and drive promotion of the new products and applications
- Provide inputs for the global/regional long-term and strategic plans
- Monitor receivables with the credit management team
- Ensure implementation of risk assessment procedure when appropriate
- Annual business plan and market evaluation,
- Weekly report on revenue and margins, actions completed,
- Ninety-day travel and action plans
- Customer contact reporting via CRM
- Use of other tools (e.g. Blue/green sheets) as required
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Own the customer relationships and grow our network in the headquarters and at sites (Qatar Gas (18 production Trains, QGN, QGS, Barzan, New NFE, NFSP…, ORYX, RLOC, Q-Chem, Qapco, QAFCO, QAFAC, QE…).
- Own a new lead generation process and build a business development plan
- Manage the day-to-day actions both with customers and internally.
- Provide end-user influence on major projects to support the win rate of Pall
- Own the target and provide an accurate forecast update weekly and a monthly projection.
- Experience in filtration and separations company would be desirable but not crucial
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in or ability to coordinate teams
- A degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Fluent in both English and Arabic languages is essential
It would be a plus if you also possess:
- Cultural Understanding of the Qatar Market/Zone
- The ideal candidate should be based in Qatar or willing to relocate, with a Valid Passport, Driving license and transferable work permit.