About the job
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Roads Design Manager to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This critical role will be in charge for the design management and delivery of all relevant projects (focused on roads and related infrastructure).
We envisage success in this role to include;Project Planning and Design
- Leading and managing a team of civil engineers/project managers in the design of infrastructure projects, including roads, bridges, tunnels, utilities, subdivisions in urban areas, and expressways projects.
- Collaborating with clients, stakeholders, and contractors to identify project needs, goals, and constraints, and develop solutions that meet these requirements.
- Managing the design process, including reviewing technical documents and specifications, conducting site visits, and supervising technical staff.
Project Execution and Control
- Ensuring that project/program objectives are met, including a budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) from construction sites and resolving design-related issues.
- Reviewing design submittals throughout the project lifetime to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Managing project risk, including identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and stakeholders and fostering a culture of collaboration and teamwork within the project team.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, blockers, success measures, and estimated resources needed.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting on activities related to the project, including subcontractor/consultant monitoring.
- Monitoring project progress, identifying potential issues, and implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Preparing and implementing project management plans with the support of the team.
- Preparing project reports and documentation, including progress reports, budget reports, and technical reports.
- Providing project status updates at predetermined time intervals to all stakeholders.
- Establishing key project criteria metrics.
- Setting and monitoring project budgets and staffing requirements.
- Reviewing and approving change orders and preparing change order requests as necessary.
- Providing technical guidance and support to team members and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for training, managing, and motivating the project team, as well as resolving team conflicts.
- Implementing cooperative strategies and providing feedback to high-level management regarding the progress of projects or programs.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 18 years’ experience in direct project/design management capacity and handled large roads and highways projects, partnered with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering as well as relevant registration as a Professional Engineer.