About the job
About The Role
You will be responsible for activities related to the maintenance of residential buildings and housing company staff. Ensure compliance with QR rules, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for activities related to maintenance of residential properties (ex. general maintenance, room preparation, welcome kits delivery). Ensure all activities related to preventative, scheduled and work orders are addressed. Ensure the work quality of all project works is as per Qatar Airways standards. Conduct regular checks and make appropriate decisions. Liaise with external contractors and internal clients.
- Visit each and every property every day allocated within the zone to check for any government notices or unresolved maintenance requests by the Owner maintenance team. Conduct timely inspections of vital systems within the property as scheduled.
- Ensure requests from the Accommodation section such as inventory check-in / out are carried out on time and diligently.
- Ensure all Service Provider personnel adhere to safety standards including PPE.
- Ensure office equipment (telephone lines/ computer) is functional within the set time frames at residential properties.
- Determine design requirements to meet safety, accessibility and building code guidelines. Ensure proper documentation and paperwork at all times. Ensure consistent application of all policies and procedures are being followed by all. Together with the team, take responsibility for maintaining quality, accuracy and completeness.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Ensure compliance of all processes and company policy.
- Perform other department duties related to his / her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through the provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high-quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response are being achieved.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with a minimum 2-3 years of job-related experience
- Minimum diploma in electrical or mechanical with excellent communication skills.
- Experience should preferably be from a Hotel/Hospitality/Facilities Management
Job Specific Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Maintenance works related to electrical, plumbing, drainage and air conditioning.
- Basic knowledge of the technical operation of appliances.
- Quality maintenance of floor and wall finishes.
- Must be computer literate. Should be able to work on Tabs, PC and laptops.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Should be able to handle customers in a polite and patient manner. Ideally, should be a people’s man.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Valid driving license.