About the job
Role And ResponsibilitiesIn this role, the Simulator Technician II will be expected to perform complex but standard technical tasks including preventative and corrective maintenance work in office, on site, and in the field and may execute some design work.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Assist in diagnosing and correcting problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Diagnose and correct routine problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Utilize maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Train technicians in basic skills.
- Complete all designated training activities.
- Actively pursue continued professional growth and training.
- Perform pre-flight and post flight on all simulators.
- Perform visual alignments.
- Run and evaluate Qualification Test Guide (QTG) results.
- Assist with refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Learn and comply with quality management system.
- Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
- Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair testing/validation.
- Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Perform tasks to support the technical services group as required.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent related training.
- Minimum of 3 years direct simulator experience with at least 1 year relative simulator experience per assigned location.
- Ability to troubleshoot to system level on at least multiple types of simulators.
- Proficiency in using all types of test equipment.
- Ability to use and interpret all diagnostics available on multiple types of simulators.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, pre-flight, and post flight checks on any simulator in the fleet.
- Ability to perform in-depth visual adjustment and set-ups on at least 1 type of visual system.
- Ability to assist with projects such as refurbishments and other hardware modifications.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and suite.
- Fluency in English
Additional requirements for this role:
- Must have previous experience in a training environment as an Instructor/Teacher (teaching skills)
- Must have experience on the IOS , CGF/TSGS and creating of training scenarios on these (or similar) systems.
- Experience in VMT (Virtual Maintenance) systems would be a plus.
- Experience with helicopter simulators and be familiar with the helicopter and its characteristics (preferred).
- Experience in a military training environment (preferred).