About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Landscape Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will get to manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Landscape Engineer will direct, supervise, and coordinate construction activities/works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team and lead the construction supervision team.
- Act as the point of contact for Contractors.
- Monitor progress against the accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Assess the progress and inform the PM and the client in case of delay.
- Manage the change procedure and issue properly authorized instructions to the Contractor.
- Propose solutions to the specified construction/design issues.
- Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution.
- Participate in contract close-out activities.
- Coordinate with all concerned parties on all construction and design issues.
- Chair the progress meetings with the Contractor and report on issues, as necessary.
- Monitor the Contractor’s performance and report issues, status and progress of works on site.
- Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
- Review the Contractor’s progress reports.
- Assess progress on site and prepare reports to be submitted to the client.
- Set and monitor the duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
- Monitor and manage the as-built records.
- Provide final approval to Works and arrange handover and manage the contract close-out activities. Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project.
- Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan (PSP) is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; participates in PSP development.
- Check and verify the information in the Contractor’s daily report including all the resources (labor, equipment and materials).
- Monitor and coordinate all matters between contractors and all concerned Authorities.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture / Agriculture engineering or similar with a minimum of 10 years of work experience with at least 5 years of site experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as industry practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
- MMUP certified.
- Must be available in Qatar with a transferable visa
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- With minimal supervision, independently performs all aspects of field engineering assignments including development of plans, schedules, contracts, procedures, and construction methods and systems.