About the job
- Ensure that the Contractor’s Instrument, Control and Telecom Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering, and Gas and MEG Pipeline designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Plan and schedule the I&C engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with COMPANY operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor’s Functional Safety Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering and Pipeline designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that Instrument, Control, Functional Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervises the Engineering interface between the Instrument, Control and Telecom of Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Pipeline engineering and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topsides perspective, the Onshore Project Team.
- Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Supports Offshore Engineering Manager and Offshore Engineering Division Manager Pipelines in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Instrument Control and Telecom of Topsides and Pipeline disciplines.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the Instrument Control and Telecoms related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering, and ensures endorsement of Process Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with the management of change procedures for changes in the contractors design or deviations from the company directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument & Control Engineering.
- 15 years experience working in Instrument and Controls engineering, preferably in a major project environment within the Offshore and Onshore oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution required.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, coordination, technical, and management skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs etc.